Aerospace Special Processes
- Improve customer service levels & internal productivity of special process companies
- Increase multi-tier supply chain competitiveness of UK aerospace sector
- Improved productivity and profitability of special process companies
- Improved performance of multi-tier manufacturing companies by improving transparency and responsiveness of subcontract treatment houses
Challenges facing aerospace special process companies include:
- Critical operation in aerospace supply chain – often final operation before delivery so orders can be late before components have arrived for treating!
- High variety of parts, processes and specifications
- Volatile demand - poor inter / intra SME planning - ‘infinite capacity’
- Increasing legislation & compliance – NADCAP / REACH
- Rising utility, labour and chemical costs vs OEM cost down pressures
- Integration with disparate customer systems to provide advanced visibility of demand to aerospace special process houses
- An intuitive decision support tool that utilises advanced demand data to optimise service level adherence, turnaround times and productivity
The Aerospace Growth Partnership developed the National Aerospace Technology Exploitation Programme (NATEP) aimed at small and medium sized suppliers to help them develop their own innovative technologies to enhance their capabilities and increase their ability to win new business with higher tier companies anywhere in the world.