- To pilot a multi-tier supply chain collaboration platform to create competitive extended enterprises
- Improved overall delivery performance and reduced supply chain costs
- Streamlined collaboration and communication
Manufacturing businesses cannot only rely on driving internal lean improvements to establish a competitive edge. Without close collaboration with customers and suppliers, it is impossible to effectively manage factory planning to drive manufacturing efficiencies and deliver performance as major disruptions are caused by customer demand volatility and unreliable supplier delivery performance. Companies often buffer these disruptions by holding excess stock which ties up cash and is not dealing with the route cause.
This project focuses on dynamically sharing operational data upstream and downstream through smart dashboards to streamline communication so that companies can compete as extended enterprises.
- a scalable, intuitive platform proving the benefits of real-time upstream & downstream supply chain visibility
- streamlining intercompany communication and data transparency to unlock new competitive business models for UK aerospace companies and cross sector
The Aerospace Growth Partnership developed the National Aerospace Technology Exploitation Programme (NATEP) aimed at small and medium sized suppliers to help them develop their own innovative technologies to enhance their capabilities and increase their ability to win new business with higher tier companies anywhere in the world.